Re: Hyatt Taipei cancellation policy?

2011-08-27 09:49:18

On Aug 24, 2011, at 2:27 PM, Sam Hartman wrote:

"Dave" == Dave CROCKER <dhc(_at_)dcrocker(_dot_)net> writes:

   Dave> ps.  As a personal aside, I'll note that I've lobbied rather
   Dave> vigorously for venues that entail less travel effort, by
   Dave> eliminating the additional hop needed to get from a major hub.
   Dave> Note that that has gotten essentially zero support from the
   Dave> community.  The community has vigrously expressed a preference
   Dave> for "interesting" venues rather than ones that are chosen
   Dave> solely for logistics convenience.

Can you start by backing up the assertion  that the community has
vigrously expressed a preference for interesting venues?
I may just need a new IETF community:-)

What I have heard is that the community would prefer going to locations that
were easy to travel to over "interesting".

I'd be perfectly happy with every US meeting being in Minneapolis.