Re: 2119bis

2011-08-31 10:48:34
Keith, Peter,

I think you're overgeneralizing. My experience is that judicious use of SHOULD
seems to make both protocols and protocol specifications simpler; trying to
nail everything down makes them more complex.

I agree.

In any case, Peter, I think its fine to add the NOT RECOMMENDED word to the
boilerplate. Publish a spec on that, have it Update 2119, and then new RFCs
would refer to that (say, 7119) instead of 2119 and everyone would be happy.

But I'm not quite sure why there are other changes in the text. Maybe I need to
be educated better. On quick read I got more questions from it than what I get
from 2119...

Jari