Re: 2119bis

2011-08-30 12:53:44
On Aug 30, 2011, at 1:11 PM, Spencer Dawkins wrote:

Umm, wait. I'm confused.

The boilerplate in existing documents points to 2119, right? and the updated
boilerplate would point to this spec, if approved, right? so we're not
retroactively changing the meaning of anything, right?

What am I missing?

If 2119 were to be updated, that's how it should work.   If we're going to
retroactively clarify the meanings of the keywords, that should probably be
done on a per-document basis.  (here's what we really meant when we said SHOULD
in RFC XXXX...)

I think it's very premature to assume that 2119 will be updated.

Keith