Re: Anotherj RFP without IETF community input (was: Re: RFP for Remote Participation Services Specifications Development)

2011-10-20 14:22:32
One thing to consider is charging for this service

I have no problem paying some fee to the IETF in order to get better remote
participation capability when I am unable to travel to the location chosen.

I would much rather pay $200-$300 to have good remote attendance capability
(video etc.) than get by on 'free'.

This would be assuming that there would be some markup on the remote
attendance cost to finance the secretariat etc.

This is not something I would have suggested until recently because the
broadband connectivity has not been up to it until very recently.