Re: Anotherj RFP without IETF community input

2011-10-20 10:20:32
John and others.

On 20/10/2011 10:27, John C Klensin wrote:

I hate to keep bringing this up,
[...]
I recommend that the RFP be withdrawn until modifications such
as those suggested above can be discussed by the IAOC and
further input on draft RFP provisions sought from the community.

-1.

Or I disagree completely here and I do not see the need for the RFP to
be withdrawn.

The task is clear, it is to write an ID with the requirements.  The
ID process offers sufficient opportunities for the community to
provide input, it is a matter of finding somebody to hold the pen
and write the document.   I think we should move forward here and
start doing the work, not endlessly discuss the fine details of a
process.

Henk

Henk Uijterwaal                           Email: henk(at)uijterwaal.nl
                                          http://www.uijterwaal.nl
                                          Phone: +31.6.55861746