Re: Plagued by PPTX again

2011-11-15 21:04:08

On Nov 16, 2011, at 2:28 AM, Martin Rex wrote:

todd glassey wrote:

Marshall Eubanks wrote:

Should the system reject PPTX files ? If people can't read them, why
are we accepting them ?

I would appreciate if that datatracker simply rejected PPTX on upload.

It is several mangnitudes more efficient to have the uploaded simply
select a different option on save rather than to bother dozens of
consumers with having to spend hours and/or $$ to obtain a computing
environment that is capable of visualizing PPTX.

I agree in principle, but I have just converted a .pptx presentation (with some
animations that will be lost) into PDF.

The PPTX was 250K, the PDF is 2MB. 8 times as much. I know that bandwidth is
cheap and all, but I really don't like the inefficiency.