Re: non-line-printer-shaped screens, was discouraged by .docx

2011-11-28 18:01:09

In message <20111128203627(_dot_)3441(_dot_)qmail(_at_)joyce(_dot_)lan>, "John
Levine" writes:
Perhaps because no one actually reads RFC's on these small devices,
and so we've been trolled by a master into worrying about a use case
which isn't really a problem.

I read I-D's on my Kindle, when I can get the XML so I can turn it
into something legible.  I'd read RFCs on it if there were a
reasonable way to do so.

Apart from the ascii art, the Kindle does reasonably well in landscape
orientation.  Now if there was just some fixed width fonts on the Kindle
the ascii art would also be ok.

I'm 57 years old and quite nearsighted, so my near-geezer opinion
is that the option to change the text size and have the text reflow
and still look OK is very useful.

R's,
John
Mark Andrews, ISC
PHONE: +61 2 9871 4742                 INTERNET: marka(_at_)isc(_dot_)org