Re: Protocol Definition

2012-01-05 21:17:41

On 1/5/2012 7:10 PM, Joel M. Halpern wrote:
I suspect that the "correct" choices depends upon how you look at the analogy.
What seemed to me the closest analog to "process" would be the actual messages
on the wires.

Nah. A message on the wire is a single unit in an activity. And taken on its own, in the host or on the wire, it's actually static.

It isn't the activity. A process is an activity. The challenge is a term for the /flow/ of messages.

It would be nice if it were a single word.

d/
--

  Dave Crocker
  Brandenburg InternetWorking