Re: ITC copped out on UTC again

2012-01-20 12:14:45

"Phillip" == Phillip Hallam-Baker <hallam(_at_)gmail(_dot_)com> writes:
    Phillip> If we are ever going to get a handle on Internet time we
    Phillip> need to get rid of the arbitrary correction factors
    Phillip> introduced by leap seconds.

    Phillip> The problems caused by leap seconds are that they make it
    Phillip> impossible for two machines to know if they are referring
    Phillip> to the same point in future time and quite often introduce
    Phillip> errors in the present.

Can you tell me which protocols use future timestamps in an moving form
(not stored at rest in a certificate in a DANE RR, for instance), which
care about discrepancies of less than 1 minute?

I'm asking for information.

] mcr(_at_)sandelman(_dot_)ottawa(_dot_)on(_dot_)ca
http://www.sandelman.ottawa.on.ca/ |device driver[
                       then sign the petition.