Re: ITC copped out on UTC again

2012-01-22 10:18:12

On 1/20/12 7:13 PM, Michael Richardson wrote:
Can you tell me which protocols use future timestamps in an moving
form (not stored at rest in a certificate in a DANE RR, for instance),
which care about discrepancies of less than 1 minute?

iCal, for one, which can be used for recurring events that have nothing
to do with computers.  Also relevant, would be the POSIX 1003.1 TZ
offset variable that takes into account seconds.  I mention it because
it can be used to correct for seconds, should the need ever arise.

Eliot