Re: Future Handling of Blue Sheets

2012-05-10 04:17:34

On Thu, 10 May 2012, Tobias Gondrom wrote:

On 10/05/12 16:35, John C Klensin wrote:
But it seems to me that takes us back to Russ's summary in that
it is normal, and arguably necessary, for a standards body to
record --and make available to those who are interested-- the
identities of those participating in meetings.

I do not dispute that.
What I dispute is that "make available to those who are interested"
necessarily leads to the need to broadcast the data (i.e. publish in the
proceedings).
As we did in the past, we can equally achieve this openness by requiring that
an interested person requests this data (including then providing his own
identify) as we do at the moment.

I object to the quantum change in ease of access and persistence of the
information. I see way too much aggregation of personal information and
don't think open-ness is justification for increasing that potential.

One of the ways we deal with SPAM and DOS attacks is to intentionally slow
the process. Ted's proposal would be vastly improved with the provision
that access, once authenticated, was delayed approximately the same
amount of time as the current manual process. Propably with some
form of the failed login approach ... maximum requests per week or
other similar unit of time.

David Morris