Re: Future Handling of Blue Sheets

2012-05-10 04:10:23
On 5/10/2012 1:48 AM, Tobias Gondrom wrote:
What I dispute is that "make available to those who are interested"
necessarily leads to the need to broadcast the data (i.e. publish in the
proceedings).

What is the harm you are trying to guard against by requiring the request?

Or, to take a completely different tack, given that there are a non-zero
number of people who think the data should be published, how do you
intend to deal with someone who makes the request, and then puts it up
on their own website?

I don't hesitate to criticize when I think that the IESG gets it wrong,
but in this case I think they threaded the needle about as well as it
could be threaded.

Doug

--
    If you're never wrong, you're not trying hard enough