Re: Future Handling of Blue Sheets

2012-05-10 03:35:40

--On Thursday, May 10, 2012 15:59 +0800 Tobias Gondrom
<tobias(_dot_)gondrom(_at_)gondrom(_dot_)org> wrote:

John,

sorry, maybe I did not articulate myself precisely enough. I
did not intend to say it would be published in real-time. What
I wanted to communicate is that we would collect that data
only during daytime and only with 2hours-granularity as it's
only meeting attendance in which room you are (and publish it
at any point in time later). However, we would keep it public
indefinitely (in the proceedings).

Good.  My apologies for misunderstanding your intent.

Like you, I am very cautious about broadcasting my travel
plans. Plus, I am not only concerned about in advance and
real-time, but also about broadcasting to the public places
I've been in the past (or for that matter any personal
information).

But it seems to me that takes us back to Russ's summary in that
it is normal, and arguably necessary, for a standards body to
record --and make available to those who are interested-- the
identities of those participating in meetings.

best regards,
   john