Re: Comments for <I-D of Publishing the "Tao of the IETF" as a Web Page>

2012-06-19 05:40:18
Hi Melinda, and All,

This is consistent with how individual, non-WG documents are
progressed in the IETF.  I don't see a conflict or discontinuity.

Conflict process if we consider the I-D process as a IETF process. It
is not consistent with the IETF procedures. It can be consistent if
the IESG amend the I-D submission-process or take my suggestions.

Yes I agree that non-WGs documents take different submission stream
than IETF-WGs documents. One is named non-IETF submission and the
other IETF submission streams (two only streams so far). In the I-D we
are discussing of [publishing the Tao of the IETF], the submission
stream was not refered to which of two submission streams. It is most
likely understood as a new second IETF submission stream (I may name
it IETF-Tao stream), because this I-D affect the community (it must be
a group production not an individual production).

Please note that:
1) The subject I-D obsoletes RFC4677 if approved. The RFC4677 is a
IETF WG's procedure overview.

2) RFC4677 is not a formal IETF process document but instead an
informational overview.

The IETF procedures are only done in the IETF WGs or IETF community,
how can an individual decide for the community!!! That is why we are
discussing it in a IETF-list, not in a non-WG-list.

AB