Re: Comments for <I-D of Publishing the "Tao of the IETF" as a Web Page>

2012-06-20 10:45:46
Hi Abdussalam,
At 03:51 20-06-2012, Abdussalam Baryun wrote:
 I refere to the IETF process of: preparing the I-D by WG,
Community-accepting, Submitting, and IESG-approval. The new
Tao-update-process of the draft is not including the community. The
IETF process in draft is as : individual preparing, individual submit
to Editor, Editor decides and accepts, Editor submitting, and
IESG-approval.

The above are two different IETF submission streams, which may be
consistent if we include *the community* in accepting submission to
IESG.

RFC 4844 discusses about RFC Series and the streams used by the various communities to publish a RFC. One of those streams is for IETF Documents. In the I-D being discussed, the document will be published on a web page. The IESG will choose Paul Hoffman as the editor. I gather that those details are not a problem.

draft-hoffman-tao-as-web-page-02 mentions that the changes will be discussed on an open, Tao-specific mailing list. The second paragraph of Section 2 and the third paragraph are not so clear about changes, i.e. the editor accepts proposed changes and the IESG accepts proposed changes. Are you suggesting that the changes should be discussed in a Working Group or something else?

BTW, RFC 4677 should be moved to Historic instead of Obsolete.

Regards,
-sm