Re: VS: Re: [IAB] Last Call: Modern Global Standards Paradigm

2012-08-11 09:41:42

Aihe: Re: [IAB] Last Call: Modern Global Standards Paradigm
Lähettäjä: "Eggert, Lars" <lars(_at_)netapp(_dot_)com>
(I'd even co-sign for the IRTF, but I think that isn't really appropriate in
this case.)

The "for the IRTF" underscores a possible concern in the current situation.

The perception will certainly be that the IAB and IETF chairs' signature do represent the support of the IETF.

But we are a consensus-oriented group and we have not had anything that even hints at a consensus-oriented process to authorize that representation.

d/

--
 Dave Crocker
 Brandenburg InternetWorking