Re: [IAB] Last Call: Modern Global Standards Paradigm

2012-08-12 11:03:47
It's true that this was not put into an Internet Draft.  Apart from
that, we seem to be doing the right thing: - The IAB Chair announced
the text and the intent to sign it on 1 Aug.

Two weeks is normal process for spontaneous consensus calls?

1 Aug to 24 Aug strikes me as nearly four weeks, not two.  If you want
to propose that Russ add four more days, I'm sure your suggestion
would be considered.  You don't appear to be suggesting anything
constructive, though.

He asked for comments.

No he didn't:

"He", being the IAB Chair on 1 Aug, as I said in my message, did:
<< The IAB, IESG, IEEE-SA and W3C have been developing an “Affirmation
of the Modern Global Standards Paradigm”.  Comments may be sent to
iab(_at_)iab(_dot_)org. >>

I any case, I recommend that you make specific, constructive
suggestions about what we *should* do at this point.  Vague criticism
that we're not doing it right are much less helpful, don't you think?

Barry