Re: PowerPoint considered harmful (was Re: Barely literate minutes)

2012-12-02 00:30:10
On 12/1/12 9:19 PM, Randy Bush wrote:
sadly, too many of us remember writing on scrolls of acetate.  i
imagine that some remember stone and chisels.

At the last meeting, for my own stuff I went with the old one-slide
approach.  However, it did occur to me that by doing that the slide(s)
lost its archival value (slim as that may have been) for people not
in the room.  Anyway.

Not really sure what can be done about this - you can say "discussion,
not presentation" until you're blue in the face and the outcome of all
that will be a blue face but presentations during the meetings anyway.
Ultimately I expect it comes down to how individual chairs want to
run meetings.

Melinda