Re: Presentation vs. Discussion sessions

2012-12-02 13:26:11
On 12/02/2012 02:21 PM, Melinda Shore wrote:
On 12/2/12 10:18 AM, Keith Moore wrote:
On 12/02/2012 01:41 PM, Melinda Shore wrote:
I think you'd end up with 2 days of presentation sessions and the
remainder of the meeting given over to presentation sessions.
In which case the ADs should fire the chairs on the spot.
If that's the solution to the presentation problem, then why not
apply it to chairs who mismanage meetings now, rather than creating
new processes/structures?
It's pointless to tell people to stop doing what they're accustomed to doing, unless you give them a better way and let them experience that it works better.

As I pointed out earlier, this is something that can be tried on a small scale. If it's not found to work well, there's little harm done.

Keith