Re: PowerPoint considered harmful (was Re: Barely literate minutes)

2012-12-02 11:59:02
On 12/02/2012 12:50 PM, John C Klensin wrote:

--On Sunday, December 02, 2012 12:19 -0500 "Joel M. Halpern"
<jmh(_at_)joelhalpern(_dot_)com> wrote:

There is another unfortunate community habit that I have
noticed.
It is, I believe, a consequence o their being simply too much
stuff to look at.
Of course, having too much stuff to look at is ultimately a
consequence of the inability of the Steering Group to prioritize
and structure work enough (even if it means saying "no" to
reasonable, but less-important, proposals) that the number of
things people (and they) have to look at bears a reasonable
relationship to available time and resources.
I'd add working group chairs (though I'm sure there are a few exceptions) to the list of those with an apparent inability to prioritize and structure work. Or perhaps WGs should have to get approval from their supervising AD before they can take on new documents.

Keith