Re: Idea for a process experiment to reward running code...

2012-12-03 10:23:37

On 12/03/2012 04:21 PM, Sam Hartman wrote:
"Stephen" == Stephen Farrell
<stephen(_dot_)farrell(_at_)cs(_dot_)tcd(_dot_)ie> writes:

    Stephen> On 12/03/2012 02:50 PM, Barry Leiba wrote:
    >> I'd really prefer if we'd talk about open source being desirable,
    >> but not having it be necessary.

    Stephen> Yep. I got another comment to that effect as well.  I'll
    Stephen> try address that (but that's not done yet).

For myself, I think the requirement for open-source is very good for
this experiment, or something like it.

People can examine the open-source implementation and consider the
question of whether the implementation explores enough of the edge cases
that a process short-cut is appropriate.  I think that's important in
this, so I'd be a lot more comfortable with this with an open-source
requirement.

Me too. But I guess others are concerned about that. Anyway, if/when
this gets an IETF LC, we can see if the wording's ok for folks.

Cheers,
S.