Re: Idea for a process experiment to reward running code...

2012-12-03 23:47:55
On 2012/12/03 23:38, Elwyn Davies wrote:

Given that there is also open source code, reviewers have the chance to
take a look at that and see the degree of hackiness involved.

Well, yes. It's easy enough to evaluate stuff such as non-descriptive variable names, messy indenting, and weird comments.

But there's a catch here: There are so many programming languages that it's very well possible that the code is written in a language you don't understand. It may be using techniques that are totally accepted for that specific language, but in a way that is considered very hacky in the relevant community. Or something else. As an outsider, you may have no way to evaluate that.

Specs are in English (also a problem for some people, but I hope we can leave that to another thread :-), which is at least a single target.

Regards,   Martin.