Re: Idea for a process experiment to reward running code...

2012-12-03 08:46:16

On 12/3/2012 6:36 AM, Barry Leiba wrote:
Or we'll just waste time sticking in some side-process that isn't
necessary (all of this can already been done under current process,
with no experiment).
That's a better promise than saying we'll cut out three or four weeks
of review time for a document that probably took 16 months to develop.

+10

d/

ps. given how creative human can be, in generating unintended consequences, an incentive to create running code /before/ going to Proposed could serve to /increase/ the barrier to standardization, by creating a perception that having running code is pragmatically required to get past the IESG.

d/

--
 Dave Crocker
 Brandenburg InternetWorking