Re: Idea for a process experiment to reward running code...

2012-12-04 08:47:23
i think we're ratholing here.  the point i get is that, if there is open
source code that suppliments the drafts sufficiently to lend confidence
in the implementability and implementation, then progress might be
accelerated.

But the point of "running code" in our nice, catchy slogan, is that
"running" doesn't mean simply that it runs.  It means that it's
actually *in use*, possibly for real, but at least in a test lab where
it's getting real use.  *Real* running code probably does lend such
confidence.  Code that's just been written because it helps your draft
get an extra tick mark in a box almost certainly doesn't, whether we
can see and understand the source code or not.

Barry