Re: [PWE3] Gen-ART review of draft-ietf-pwe3-mpls-eth-oam-iwk-06

2013-01-08 11:26:05
Dear Huub, Nabil, et al.,
IEEE 802.1ag interprets MEP and MIP as:

   - Maintenance association End Point
   - Maintenance domain Intermediate Point

Y.1731 interprets them as:

   - Maintenance entity group (MEG) End Point
   - MEG Intermediate Point

The reference to MD Level implies reference to IEEE 802.1ag, at least as
use of terminology, since Y.1731 doesn't have Maintenance Domain construct
and refers to the same value as MEG Level. I'd suggest to follow one model,
IEEE 802.1ag or Y.1731, terminology throughout the document so that there's
no need for re-mapping. I think that it is easier to follow Y.1731.

Regards,
Greg

On Fri, Jan 4, 2013 at 8:30 AM, Huub van Helvoort