Re: Comments for Humorous RFCs or uncategorised RFCs or dated April the first

2013-04-06 12:01:08

On Sat, 6 Apr 2013, Scott Brim wrote:

On 04/06/13 11:52, Hector Santos allegedly wrote:
Hi Abdusalam,

You should consider all APRIL 1 published I-D as "SPAM" and the
electronic mail follow ups generated in the IETF list as more wasted
bandwidth, time and spam.   We have too much time in our hands, boredom
for many, and even more wasted time if we spend time reading it - so in
that regard I agree with your concerns.  Who has time for all this?  Its
already a challenge to decipher most of the postings and wondering if
one is serious or not. Ignore April 1 publications. :)

It's called having a shared culture.  The IETF could even generate
friendship, if allowed.

The most effective way to join a well established group is to lurk long
enough to understand the social structure and operational norms of the
group before demanding that the group change to your norms. We don't need
to become a dour boring group to meet the diversity goals discussed in
other threads.

It is also about reading and understanding before responding in public.
Part of the fun of the April 1 RFC series is that they start by sounding
real for a couple sentences and the latest was better than most in
that regard.