Re: Comments for Humorous RFCs or uncategorised RFCs or dated April the first

2013-04-06 17:19:43
On 4/6/2013 11:57 AM, Scott Brim wrote:
On 04/06/13 11:52, Hector Santos allegedly wrote:
Hi Abdusalam,

You should consider all APRIL 1 published I-D as "SPAM" and the
electronic mail follow ups generated in the IETF list as more wasted
bandwidth, time and spam.   We have too much time in our hands, boredom
for many, and even more wasted time if we spend time reading it - so in
that regard I agree with your concerns.  Who has time for all this?  Its
already a challenge to decipher most of the postings and wondering if
one is serious or not. Ignore April 1 publications. :)

It's called having a shared culture.  The IETF could even generate
friendship, if allowed.

Sure. I chose to ignore the April 1 I-Ds coming into a public newsgroup view of the IETF drafts [1]. There were a few, if just be the title of it, it seem like a joke, "draft-draft-draft" so you ignore it. I can understand what Abdusalem was concern can occur - ignorance.

I don't have the time for it. I hope its not a diversity issue. :)

--
HLS

[1]news://news.winserver.com/ietf-drafts