Re: Do we have an estimated date for completing the IESG selection process for this year?

2013-05-02 01:33:05
Hi Yoav,

On 04/30/2013 08:09 PM, Yoav Nir wrote:
Hi Martin,

On Apr 30, 2013, at 6:21 PM, Martin Stiemerling
<martin(_dot_)stiemerling(_at_)neclab(_dot_)eu> wrote:

Hi Ted,

On 04/30/2013 01:19 AM, Ted Hardie wrote:
So, this page: http://www.ietf.org/iesg/members.html still has
TBD listed for one of the transport ADs.  Is there a projected
date for appointment at this point?

Forgive the broad distribution of the question, but it's not
clear whether this question is solely directed at the nomcom, the
IESG, the IAB or the community at large.

It is the NOMCOM and the IAB as confirming body.

While this is true, we've been aware of a problem for three months
now, and we're not aware of any resolution or of any attempt to
resolve the issue. We know that there are several candidates (Still
listed on the NomCom website) and for some reason (which we can only
guess at) none of them is being appointed.

Will that seat remain vacant for a year? Two years? Is there some
flaw in the process that prevents this issue from being resolved?

Inquiring minds want to know

Indeed and you might imagine who is eagerly wanting for a result.

However, I do not have the answers to your questions, i.e., I am the wrong person to ask or answer.

  Martin

--
martin(_dot_)stiemerling(_at_)neclab(_dot_)eu

NEC Laboratories Europe
NEC Europe Limited
Registered Office:
Athene, Odyssey Business Park, West End  Road, London, HA4 6QE, GB
Registered in England 2832014