Re: Language editing

2013-05-03 05:52:30
On May 3, 2013, at 4:24 AM, t.p. <daedulus(_at_)btconnect(_dot_)com> wrote:
We really do need a tool, the like of which I was using 40 years ago
when writing code, that allows patches to be applied independently and
temporarily to see what it then looks like and if agreed that it looks
good, incorporating them permanently into the source (XML).  Ideally
such a tool would reverse engineer the amended text into XML patches as
well - text is so much easier to work with than XML (or any other markup
language).

Actually, what I'd like to see is a change approval process, where I can go in
and make the edits I want to the document, submit those, and then the document
editors can just go down the list of changes approving them or not.   I guess
that's not too different from what you said, but with a better UI.