Re: Language editing

Instead of imposing even more work on the RFC Editor team, I suggest
that you find someone in the WG, in your company, in the IETF
community (etc.) to help with the language issues. I did this recently
with a document in one of the WGs where I'm active and it worked quite
well (especially if the document is under source control and you can
just send a patch).

+1

This goes beyond the simple-but-expensive matter of having the work done by the RFC Editor.

With every opportunity, we should move work to the people who want its result.

IETF work that is successful has community support. The community wants it and demonstrates this by working on it. That can (and I think should) include ensuring basic writing quality.

If the community does not have enough interest in the work to write it well, it has bigger problems that won't be remedied by more RFC Editor effort...

d/

--
Dave Crocker
Brandenburg InternetWorking