Re: call for ideas: tail-heavy IETF process

2013-05-03 08:28:58

On 05/03/2013 01:59 PM, Thomas Narten wrote:

If you look at the delays documents encounter (both in WG and in IESG
review), the killer is long times between document revisions. Focus on
understanding the *why* behind that and what steps could be taken to
make improvements.

Good point. I guess the obvious answers are "not enough
cycles" and, for newer authors, uncertainty about how to
get stuff done, but are there other less obvious answers?
(Input here might really help the IESG discussion btw since
in the nature of things, we're less likely to realise what
newer or less frequent participants find problematic.)

S.