Re: Is this an elephant? [Was: call for ideas: tail-heavy IETF process]

2013-05-17 04:32:46

On May 17, 2013, at 1:38 AM, Fred Baker (fred) <fred(_at_)cisco(_dot_)com>
wrote:

On May 16, 2013, at 1:46 PM, Yoav Nir <ynir(_at_)checkpoint(_dot_)com> wrote:

There is a problem, though, that this will increase the load on ADs. Other
concerns raised during IETF LC may lead to revised I-Ds, which the ADs will
need to re-read (or at least look at the diff). I don't know how significant
this extra work would be, but it would come at a time that we're thinking of
ways to reduce AD workload. It might also require prolonging the LC time,
because there would be actual discussion in it.

If they raise the issue later in a "discuss", will they not have to do this
anyway? How does this relate to the timing of the comment or the vehicle by
which it is conveyed?

If you review early, you later might feel like you need to review again,
because the document has changed some. Hence - more work.

Yoav