Re: financial fun with an IETF Meeting in South America

2013-05-28 12:32:11
Julio,

I'm worried about people making statements on a random basis.

I assume that many people (IAOC and many others) have made a lot of
effort before getting to the point of formally proposing/suggesting to
have an IETF meeting in Buenos Aires. I bet much of that effort had to
do with making an informed decision on the subject.

However, so far I've read a number of rather uninformed claims about how
bad/not_recommended having an IETF meeting in Buenos Aires would be
(besides the usual discussion of whether meeting should be held where
most of the participants come from, which is a different issue).

IMO, throwing out random comments (arbitrary, or based on what one
"heard", etc.) tends to bias the discussion in an inappropriate way.

Thanks,
Fernando