Re: IETF Diversity

2013-06-19 10:09:19
On 6/19/13 8:32 AM, Dave Crocker wrote:
On 6/19/2013 5:35 AM, Dave Cridland wrote:
Phillip Hallam-Baker wrote:
There is a real problem with accountability and transparency in the IETF
constitution which was designed by a bunch of old boys to maintain
control in their own hands. Peter is a member of the IETF establishment
so of course he sees no structural problem.
PSA's been an AD, yes, but:

Forgive me, but you just responded to a rather unpleasant ad hominem.

We should not sustain such threads.

My point, poorly expressed though it was, is that it's not productive
for us all to wait from word on high before taking positive action.
Members of the IESG, IAB, IOAC, or any other "official" body are just
folks who are temporarily serving the community in a defined role. If we
want to change the culture of our community with respect to diversity,
it's better for us to work to encourage, nurture, and mentor particular
individuals.

My apologies for the extremely egregious manner in which I stated the
point. It was not directed personally at Mr. Hallam-Baker, but at all of
us who talk and don't take action -- myself very much included.

Peter

--
Peter Saint-Andre
https://stpeter.im/