Re: The Nominating Committee Process: Eligibility

2013-06-27 05:00:54
SM,

    I read the draft and although I like the idea I have some concerns.

    Today it is possible to verify that somebody attended to an IETF
meeting. You have to register, pay and collect your badge. However, in
remote participation we do not have mechanisms to verify that somebody
attended to a session.

    Even, if we had a registration similar to the face to face meetings,
it would be difficult to verify that the people attended to a session
remotely (even if you correlated registry vs. jabber/webex logs it would
be difficult to know if it is really the person registred, somebody else
or even a bot). I guess that there would be many ways to game the system.

    As I said I like the idea and I think that we should try to make it
work. I do not know if all the locks and tools to protect the system
against some sort of abuse should be in the draft or not, but we should
address those (before or in parallel with adopting/working on the draft.)

Regards,
as