Re: The Nominating Committee Process: Eligibility

2013-06-27 09:05:28
Hi,

I am strongly opposed to a remote meeting registration process and remote
meeting fees.
This increases the financial bias towards large corporate control of IETF
standards.
I like the IETF because anybody can comment on a draft or write a draft
without
paying fees.

I think there could be several ways to prove one has been recently involved
in the
IETF.  IMO I-D or RFC authorship shows more involvement than just showing up
at an IETF.  People who never read, write or comment on any drafts can be
more nomcom-qualified (by attendance metrics) than somebody who worked on
10 drafts
over the same time span.

Andy

On Thu, Jun 27, 2013 at 6:36 AM, Dave Cridland <dave(_at_)cridland(_dot_)net>