Re: The Nominating Committee Process: Eligibility

2013-06-27 14:12:49
On Jun 27, 2013, at 10:29 AM, S Moonesamy <sm+ietf(_at_)elandsys(_dot_)com>
wrote:

I think that the NomCom eligibility criteria should not discriminate between
any contributor to the IETF Standard Process.

-1. Those choosing the leadership of an organization should understand more
than the leadership of the one WG they have participated in.

The view I got from a previous discussion of the draft is that "people from
emerging regions are disenfranchised; that's how IETF culture works".

That's one view; another is "we need to be more creative on how to increase
diversity". "Creative" doesn't mean "ignoring all obvious security and
stability issues".

--Paul Hoffman