Re: The Nominating Committee Process: Eligibility

2013-06-27 08:25:58

Stephen Farrell <stephen(_dot_)farrell(_at_)cs(_dot_)tcd(_dot_)ie> wrote:
    > However, before getting into that I'd like to hear from
    > folks who've been on or chaired nomcoms. I know a lot of
    > it is done remotely, but how important is the f2f part
    > that happens during meetings? Would it really be ok if
    > say 5 voting members could never come to a meeting
    > whilst serving? (And I think that'd not be an unlikely
    > outcome.)

Please note two things:
1) under the original proposal and my revised one, you have
   attend in person somewhat regularly.

2) for the November meeting, the nomcom *itself* must be present.
   I think it unrealistic to think that the nomcom itself could
   be remote for that meeting.  For the summer and march meeting,
   the nomcom could be anywhere.

so, even if you are eligible, don't volunteer for the nomcom if you can't
attend the november meeting.

--
Michael Richardson <mcr+IETF(_at_)sandelman(_dot_)ca>, Sandelman Software Works