Re: The Nominating Committee Process: Eligibility

2013-06-27 08:22:38

Arturo Servin <arturo(_dot_)servin(_at_)gmail(_dot_)com> wrote:
    > Today it is possible to verify that somebody attended to an IETF
    > meeting. You have to register, pay and collect your badge. However, in
    > remote participation we do not have mechanisms to verify that somebody
    > attended to a session.

We need to have registration for remote participation, even if we charge
zero.   I believe that perhaps we need to provide some magic token in jabber
or in the NoteWell slide, that needs to be used by remote participants to
check-in. They have to do that during the meeting itself.

I also ask whether remote participation on the plenary should be "mandatory"

We also need to permit judgement calls.

]     mcr(_at_)sandelman(_dot_)ca  http://www.sandelman.ca/        |   ruby on
rails    [

--
Michael Richardson <mcr+IETF(_at_)sandelman(_dot_)ca>, Sandelman Software Works