Re: The Nominating Committee Process: Eligibility

2013-06-27 07:42:55
Hi,
  First, as a comment, I guess there is people who follow more IETF remotely
than other in place.
  Second, I like this idea of changing the threshold.
  Third, In the other hand, since there are several positions that are fill
using this RFC maybe we can place a testbed. 50% can be fill using the current
way and 50% using the proposed way, sounds crazy but it might be a good
beginning.

Thanks,

Alejandro,

Este mensaje ha sido enviado gracias al servicio BlackBerry de Movilnet

-----Original Message-----
From: Olafur Gudmundsson <ogud(_at_)ogud(_dot_)com>
Sender: ietf-bounces(_at_)ietf(_dot_)org
Date: Thu, 27 Jun 2013 07:06:36
To: S Moonesamy<sm+ietf(_at_)elandsys(_dot_)com>
Cc: Internet Whining TF<ietf(_at_)ietf(_dot_)org>
Subject: Re: The Nominating Committee Process: Eligibility

On Jun 27, 2013, at 5:50 AM, S Moonesamy <sm+ietf(_at_)elandsys(_dot_)com>
wrote:

Hello,

RFC 3777 specifies the process by which members of the Internet Architecture
Board, Internet Engineering Steering Group and IETF Administrative Oversight
Committee are selected, confirmed, and recalled.

draft-moonesamy-nomcom-eligibility proposes an update RFC 3777 to allow
remote contributors to the IETF Standards Process to be eligible to serve on
NomCom and sign a Recall petition (
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-moonesamy-nomcom-eligibility-00 ).

Could you please read the draft and comment?

Regards,
S. Moonesamy

SM,
I read the draft, I think there might be some merit to this proposal but I
think the threshold issue should be clarified.
What does "one of the last five mean" during an IETF meeting?

I think the threshold of having attended one meeting is too low, I would relax
the rule to say something like this:
"must have attended at least 5 meetings of the last 15 and including one of the
last 5".
15 meetings is 5 years, I know that is a long time, t this will allow people
that that have been involved for a long time but have limited
resources to attend to participate in Nomcom/recall processes.

Q: do you want to limit how many "infrequent" attendees can be on Nomcom just
like the number of people from a single organization can sign a
recall ?

        Olafur