Re: The Nominating Committee Process: Eligibility

2013-06-27 07:48:35
John,

I agree with everything you wrote.  I especially applaud SM for getting
out there with new ideas, and I like the idea of opening up eligibility
a bit more.  John's proposed change would reduce risk of capture.  I do
think that risk is also mitigated through other mechanisms (like
limiting the number of people with the same affiliation from joining the
NOMCOM), but Ted's point is also important, that people have some feel
for how the IETF operates, both in person and on mailing list.  John's
proposal seems to strike a good balance.

Eliot