Re: IAB Statement on Dotless Domains

2013-07-11 12:34:33
Hi,

On Wed, Jul 10, 2013 at 08:23:36PM -0700, S Moonesamy wrote:

responsibility about the RFC Series.  The IAB statement refers to
RFCs from the www.faqs.org website.

Thanks for pointing this out.  It is indeed embarrassing.  This was a
clerical error.  We have fixed it.

By way of explanation: we used a wiki to develop the statement
collaboratively.  It turns out that the wiki software automatically
creates links to the faq.org listing of RFCs whenever "RFC NNNN" shows
up in running text.  We failed to remove these (auto-generated) links
when we posted the statement on the IAB site, so that's why they
showed up.  We'll be more careful about this in future.

Best regards,

Andrew (as an IAB member)

--
Andrew Sullivan