Re: IAB Statement on Dotless Domains

2013-07-12 09:17:21
On Fri, Jul 12, 2013 at 10:10 AM, Noel Chiappa
<jnc(_at_)mercury(_dot_)lcs(_dot_)mit(_dot_)edu>wrote:

Anyone who tried to
monetize per-device would have had competition from people who only charged
based on their actual costs.

So not deploying NAT would somehow magically cause a second broadband
provider to unroll a fiber optic cable to my house?

There was no competition in broadband in my city until Verizon unrolled
FiOS just over a year ago and so your economic theory fails completely as
far as I am concerned. For competition to change behavior there has to be
an open market and the US Internet market has very little of that.

--
Website: http://hallambaker.com/