Re: Oh look! [Re: Remote participants, newcomers, and tutorials]

2013-07-27 14:14:56
On 7/27/13, John C Klensin <john-ietf(_at_)jck(_dot_)com> wrote:
one locates it (IETF Home Page -> IESG -> Members) one even gets
contact information as a bonus.  And the listing of AD names is
pretty useless without contact info.

As from my remote participant experience in IETF Routing Area (rtg), I
was very happy/encouraged to be able to speak directly (issue related
to MANET WG) to the AD of rtg at his open-office session at a previous
IETF meeting (even 2 minutes makes big differences). Giving a chance
to remote participants to speak to WG chairs or ADs is good to
encourage remote-participants/new-interested-people to start thinking
to join the meetings. I suggest that all ADs for other areas do the
same if available (I am not sure if they do that, but if they do, that
is great). Furthermore, if mentoring is available for remote
participants then the mentor may book a time if needed with WG chair
or AD, otherwise an agreed time communication can continue directly
between mentor and participant.

Booking a 2 minute remote speach at IETF-meetings from
remote-community to an IETF AD or WG-Chair can be a new opportunity
that IETF/IESG can think about to schedule in future.

AB