Re: Berlin was awesome, let's come again

2013-08-02 07:55:21
Overall, I agree that it was a good venue for getting work done overall.
From my perspective, I would have preferred all the rooms be around the
temperature that we had in the Charlottenbergs.  Also, food was very hit or
miss for me.  The hotel breakfast was fine.   I had two dinners that I am
confident were GF - one I had Lars to translate and the other was a
restaurant that specializes in GF.  The catering at the receptions was also
fairly decent in that respect.  The food served at snacks wasn't acceptable
other than Monday, when they  plenty of nice veggies.  The only other day
they had veggies, they ran out well before the cookies.  The snacks with
sandwiches didn't work at all. Yesterday when they had cheese and crackers
- there was a huge issue with cross contamination.   However, since there
were nearby markets that wasn't that big of a deal.

I did have some annoyances with the housekeeping, in particular the
 rewashing of glasses/mugs in the bathroom sink and someone else's soap bar
ending up in my bathroom.

The social was great overall.

Mary.

On Fri, Aug 2, 2013 at 6:49 AM, Livingood, Jason <