Re: Berlin was awesome, let's come again

2013-08-02 10:25:28

On Aug 2, 2013, at 1:09 PM, Eggert, Lars wrote:

Hi,

On Aug 2, 2013, at 13:04, Russ Housley <housley(_at_)vigilsec(_dot_)com>
wrote:
I have also enjoyed my time in Berlin.  However, we need to complete the
analysis on the impact of VAT.  I hope there is a way to avoid a cost to
each participant of an 19%.  We heard in plenary that VAT clearly applies to
conferences, but it may not apply to standards meeting.

agreed.

It's not just the 19% VAT.  I found fares to Berlin several hundred USD more
expensive than fares to other European cities.

But I agree that the city and the hotel were a splendid location for an IETF
conference.

Snarky side comment: We should also analyze the impact of over-the-top
tipping customs in some countries :-)

seems fair.

Keith