Re: procedural question with remote participation

2013-08-05 04:10:16
On Mon, Aug 5, 2013 at 9:37 AM, Peter Saint-Andre
<stpeter(_at_)stpeter(_dot_)im>wrote:

I don't want to promise too much, but in time for Vancouver I'll
probably finish some code that sends you all sorts of helpful
information when you join the jabber room. There is a standardized "room
subject" message but not all IM clients show you that, so I plan to have
it sent as a one-off message when you join the chatroom.

Further discussion, if any, on the tools-discuss(_at_)ietf(_dot_)org list.

I'd be happy to help, and will meander toward that list.

One thing for this August Body to consider - we can (quite) easily have new
occupants to the room not be "participants" - in the XEP-0045 sense of the
term. This would mean new occupants would lack voice, and be unable to add
to the discussion - until they've jumped through some hoops.

One such hoop might be acknowledging the (privately sent) Note Well message
(thus equating XEP-0045 Participant with IETF Participant to some degree).
Another might be that we tell them to go away if their XEP-0054 vCard
doesn't include sufficient detail (like their full name and email address,
for example), taking us a step toward remote registration.

Dave.