Re: Community Feedback: IETF Trust Agreement Issues

2013-08-08 17:34:50
On 08/08/2013 02:49 PM, Paul Hoffman wrote:
On Aug 8, 2013, at 2:21 PM, Jorge Contreras <cntreras(_at_)gmail(_dot_)com>
wrote:

Actually, verbatim translations are already allowed under the existing IETF
document license. It's other modifications that are not allowed under IETF, but
which CC-BY would permit.

That sounds right. Someone might want to add commentary (even in English) to
the Tao, such as to discuss local participants, diversity, and so on.

It's not at all clear to me why the current license would prohibit that, or why the CC license would make it easier or better. As long as the commentary is clearly separated from the text of the Tao, there is no conflict.

What I'm looking for is a clear statement to the effect of, "We cannot do X with the current license because ...; and the CC license would make that better because ..."

Doug