Re: Community Feedback: IETF Trust Agreement Issues

2013-08-08 16:04:49
On Aug 8, 2013, at 1:46 PM, Brian E Carpenter
<brian(_dot_)e(_dot_)carpenter(_at_)gmail(_dot_)com> wrote:

We might reach consensus that it's OK to release change control over
the Tao (although I'm not sure I agree with that - what's so hard about
keeping it under an RFC-like license?).

Nothing is "hard" about it. The question is whether granting a different
license will help the goals of the Tao more than the current license. Many
people (including me, the current editor) think that a lighter-weight license
would get the Tao read by more people.

--Paul Hoffman