Re: Charging remote participants

2013-08-16 10:26:31

        In some parts of the world there are good engineers that get $100 for a
week as salary.

        Charging remote participation will raise the bar even more for people
that cannot travel and their only way to participate is in mailing lists
and remotely.

        Providing good remote tools it expensive in capex and opex as stated
before, but charging remote participants it is not the way forward,
unless that payment were optional (I personally I would do it, but I
know people -students, researchers in public universities, badly paid
engineers whose employer is not convinced that the ietf is a good way to
expend money, etc.- )

Regards,
as